Accident Investigation & Reconstruction
Schaefer Engineering has been investigating and reconstructing vehicular accidents since their inception in 2002, and our experts have been consulting in this field for over 24 years. We specialize in both commercial and passenger vehicle accidents involving heavy trucks, buses, passenger cars, trains, motorcycles, and pedestrians. In addition, we’ve reconstructed both on-road and off-road accidents involving ATV’s and other utility and recreational vehicles.
Our experts have extensive experience in vehicle inspections, evidence and data collection, and analysis. The firm is part of numerous emergency-response teams for several trucking companies and law firms. Schaefer Engineering is, and remains, abreast of the latest technology in the field through continuing education and research.
- Vehicle Dynamics and Kinematics
- Crash Mechanics / Speed Analysis
- 3D Data Collection, Reconstruction & Modeling
- Event Data Recorder (EDR) Imaging & Analysis
- Heavy Truck & Commercial Vehicle Evaluations
- Passenger Vehicle, Motorcycle, and Pedestrian
- Train Collisions and Line of Sight Analysis
- Failure Analysis (Brakes, Steering, etc.)
- Aerial Drone Documentation - FAA Licensed Part 107 Drone Pilots