Ben Fischer, P.E.
Fax: 636-332-6445Download VCard
Representative Service Areas
- Fire and Explosion Causation
- Product and System Evaluation
- Accident Investigation & Reconstruction
Professional Registrations & Certifications
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (NAFI-CFEI)
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (NAFI-CVFI)
- FAA Part 107 Certified sUAS remote drone pilot
- Bosch© CDR Tool Technician
- Asbestos Operations & Maintenance (OSHA)
- Certified Aerial Lift Operator (OSHA)
- MO Registered Safety Consultant
Bachelor of Science – 2007
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Master of Business Administration - 2011
Jefferson City, Missouri
Ben graduated with a Mechanical Engineering Degree from the Missouri University of Science and Technology in 2007 and is a licensed Professional Engineer in several states. Upon obtaining his engineering degree, Ben filled numerous roles spanning process engineering, mechanical and electrical equipment design, research and development, and product failure evaluation while working for over a decade in the heavy electrical manufacturing industry at various companies.
Since joining Schaefer Engineering in 2017, Ben has worked with equipment failures, building & vehicular fires, explosion cases, as well as automotive investigations and crash reconstruction.
Ben is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (NAFI-CFEI) and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (NAFI-CVFI). In addition, he is a FAA Licensed Part 107 Drone Pilot (FAA Airman Certificate, Remote Pilot, Small Unmanned Aircraft System). Ben is also a member of SAE, ASME, NAFI, IAAI, and is a Missouri registered safety engineer.
Other engineering areas in which Ben has expertise include solar system design and installation, having operated a solar installation company for many years, a background in automotive racing through Formula SAE, as well as decades of automotive restoration, repair, and rebuilding experience.
Representative Areas of Expertise
- Commercial and Residential Gas-Fired Equipment
- Gas Supply & Distribution Systems
- Product Failure Analysis
- Solar System Means, Methods, and Failure Analysis
- Alarm System Evaluations
- Control System Failures and System Interactions
- Event Data Recorder Imaging and Analysis
- Aerial Drone Documentation & 3D Scanner Data Collection
- Large Loss Scene Management & Investigation
- Vehicle & Agricultural Equipment Fire and Accident Evaluation
- Manufacturing Equipment Fires and Failures
- Carbon Monoxide Exposure Investigations
- Full Scale Modeling, Testing & Data Collection
- HVAC System Evaluations
Publications | Presentations
With a background in solar system design and installation, Ben has presented to industry professionals on basic electrical theory, installation & integration, components, potential failure points, investigation tools, and safety considerations for personnel involved in investigation of buildings equipped with solar photovoltaic systems.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
- International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)